Admission to the Department of Theatre is by AUDITION ONLY.
There are a limited number of spaces in the Freshman class each year.
July 6, 2018 at 1:00pm - for admission into Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 only
November 9, 2018 at 1:00pm - for admission into Spring 2019 or Fall 2019
Georgia Thespians, Spring 2019 - Date TBA - Callbacks do not necessarily indicate Acceptance into the Department
Riverside Theatre, Spring 2019 - Date TBA - By appointment only. Please call 706-507-8400 for time
6 West 10th Street
Columbus, ga 31901
mean acceptance into the department and generally, students who audition at GTC and Thespians are invited to attend
an "On-Campus" audition prior to a decision being made for acceptance into the department.
Prospective students must complete the following and mail in
two weeks prior to the audition date:
Audition Application (PDF)
- Download PDF, fill in electronically, print off, and mail in, OR
- Download PDF, print out, and fill in by hand, and mail in
- Does not have to be professional grade
- Theatre Resumé
Transcript, includes your cumulative GPA
- Does not have to be an official copy
Letters of Recommendation
(PDF) from teacher/advisor that speak to applicant's academic and artistic abilities
- Please have the Recommender either fill this out by hand or electronically
- The Recommender can send this in or give this to the applicant for them to mail in along with their packet so that all materials arrive together
Note: PLEASE MAIL YOUR PACKET TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS TO ENSURE IT ARRIVES ACCORDINGLY:
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, GA 31907
Attn: Dept. of Theatre,
Also, if any part of your Audition Packet, (Audition Application, Headshot, Theatre Resume', recent Transcript, and two Recommendation Letters), is missing, it very well could delay a decision on whether or not you are accepted into the department.
General Audition Information:
- ALL APPLICANTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY CONSIDERED FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AT THE TIME OF AUDITION
- There is no one time slot to reserve for an audition. On the day of auditions, everyone will meet in the Riverside Theatre at 1:00pm. There will be a brief introduction/orientation followed by the audition proceedings.
- An accompanist will NOT be provided during Auditions. If singing, please bring a CD of your music, or you may choose to sing a capella.
- The Audition Interview includes either a presentation of portfolio materials demonstrating previous theatre involvement (may include design/tech, dramaturgy, dramaturgy, playwriting, or other supporting materials), OR
- Presentation of Audition/Interview - Two contrasting monologues OR one monologue and 16 bars of music, not to exceed 90 seconds total
For more information or to schedule an interview or audition,
please contact Katie Cannon,
Administrative Assistant, at 706-507-8400 or email@example.com.
When scheduling please indicate which semester you will be attending
as well as the program of study you would like to audition for:
BA, BFA Performance, BSEd, or BFA Tech
Programs of Study:
- BA in Theatre Arts
- BFA with an emphasis in Acting
- BFA with an emphasis in Design/Technical Theatre
- BSEd in Theatre Education
- MSEd in Theatre Education
Incoming freshman may audition for any of the above areas (with the exception of the MSEd in Theatre Education) but may be admitted into the BA program prior to being able to qualify for another area of study within the department. If this is the case, then incoming students may apply to
one of the other areas of study as part of the Freshman Jury process during their freshman year.
Notable (for new and current students):
- If you miss any of the above-listed Audition Dates, you are invited to come to CSU and register as an UNDECLARED major. You can then audition during your first semester at one of our listed audition dates to enter the department
- For Retention: All Theatre Majors are required to maintain a 2.75 GPA in their program of study