Admission to the Department of Theatre is by AUDITION ONLY.
There are a limited number of spaces in the Freshman class each year.
All applicants are AUTOMATICALLY considered for scholarships at the time of the audition.
- An accompanist will NOT be provided during Auditions. If singing, please bring a CD of your music, or you may choose to sing acapella.
Prospective students must complete the following:
- Audition Application (PDF)
- Headshot (professional grade not necessary) and a Theatre Resumé
- A copy of your most recent transcript, including a cumulative GPA
- Interview including presentation of portfolio materials demonstrating previous theatre involvement (may include design/tech,
dramaturgy, playwriting, or other supporting materials) OR Presentation of Audition/Interview - Two contrasting monologues,
or one monologue and 16 bars of music, not to exceed 90 seconds total
Letters of Recommendation
(PDF) from teacher/advisor that speak to applicant's academic and artistic abilities
( note : these can be sent via email or regular mail)
- If any part of your Audition Packet, (Audition Application, Headshot, Theatre Resume', recent Transcript, and two Recommendation Letters),
is missing, it very well could delay a decision on whether or not you are accepted into the department.
For more information or to schedule an interview or audition,
please contact Katie Cannon,
Administrative Assistant, at 706-507-8400 or email@example.com.
Programs of Study:
- BA in Theatre Arts
- BFA with an emphasis in Acting
- BFA with an emphasis in Design/Technical Theatre
- BSEd in Theatre Education
- MSEd in Theatre Education
Incoming freshman may audition for any of the above areas (with the exception of the MSEd in Theatre Education) but may be admitted
into the BA program prior to being able to qualify for another area of study within the department. If this is the case, then incoming students
may apply to one of the other areas of study as part of the Freshman Jury process during their freshman year.
*On-campus auditions/interviews to be held during Fall Semester 2017 (for admission into the department Spring 2018 or Fall Semester 2018) are as follows:
- November 10, 2017 - On-Campus Auditions (by Appointment only - call 706-507-8400 for time)
*On-campus auditions/interviews to be held during Spring Semester 2018 (for admission into the department Fall Semester 2018) are as follows:
- February 8-10, 2018- at Georgia Thespians (Callbacks do not necessarily indicate Acceptance into the Department.)
- March 2, 2018- On-Campus Auditions in The Riverside Theatre (by Appointment only - call 706-507-8400 for time)
Auditions at regional and state conferences (GA Thespians, GTC, etc.) are accepted. (However, receiving a Callback does not automatically mean acceptance into the department and generally, students who audition at GTC and Thespians are invited to attend an "On-Campus" audition prior to a decision being made for acceptance into the department.)
Notable (for new and current students):If you miss any of the above-listed Audition Dates, you are invited to come to CSU and register as an UNDECLARED major. You can then audition during your first semester at one of our listed audition dates to enter the department.
For Retention: All Theatre Majors are required to maintain a 2.75 GPA in their program of study.